Description: An essay that presents arguments using evidence and applies theory to a contemporary
Length and/or format: 1000 word argumentative essay
Purpose: to engage in well-researched and constructed critical thinking about an ethical issue rather
than respond to a case or dilemma.
• The essay should be 1000 words (excluding the reference list.)
• The goal of the essay is to engage in well-researched and constructed critical thinking about an
ethical issue rather than respond to a case or dilemma.
• Avoid the “scatter gun” approach, i.e. aim vaguely at anything you think might be a possible target.
Think carefully about what the issues are raised by the topic and STRUCTURE your response.
As such, the essay should provide clear indications to the reader by use of headings and subheadings as to what part of the argument is being dealt with.
The essay should provide an abstract of what is treated and the conclusions reached.
• The essay should be properly researched. You must show you can find and use reliable academic
studies. You should cite a minimum of 10 references used in your work.
• Those sources that you use must be referred to in the text of your report
(citations) and listed in the Reference List. Failure to do so is against Academic Regulations. The format
of your citations and reference list must follow the Harvard version found on the student resource site
and illustrated in the unit outline reference list. Note: many of the books listed in your unit outline
reference list are available in the library.
• The essay should be properly formatted: on A4, one-sided, at least 1.5 line spacing and font at least
12pt, leave adequate margins for comments.
• It must also be accompanied with a printed “Turnitin” report of originality. A digital version must be
also provided on LEO.
Essay topics: Choose ONE
truthful and as long as children understand the message.” Discuss.
2. “Self-interest is the bottom-line of human motivation. That fact means that reward and punishment
are the only really effective tools for a responsible manager.” Discuss
3. “A strong organisational culture is the surest way to avoid having the organisation’s name in the
media for the wrong reasons.” Discuss.
4. The environment should be protected because and only because human livelihoods depend upon it.
5. In a multi-cultural society, the only practical expression of common values is the law of the land.
People have their own moral principles but they cannot reasonably expect to be any more ethical than
obey the law. Discuss.
6. In any struggle between an individual’s character and the culture of the organisation where he/she
works, the culture will almost always win. Discuss.
(Please choose ONE essay topic of the above options and clearly state which one you chose on top of
• The essays should show understanding and use of THEORETICAL concepts in ethics.
• Positions, points of view need to be argued and evidence needs to be used. Any of the statements
made in any essay topic may or may not be true. Think about whether you agree or not first!
• A good essay is planned, with a clear structure that enables the reader to follow the argument. It is
usually better to provide headings and sub-headings to indicate the structure and provide a guide to
the reader about how each section contributes to the overall argument.
Many of the following sites are provided for you to find your relevant professional codes.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more