Personal Reflections (*Only include reflections you feel comfortable sharing with the entire class).
1) How were you treated as a young child? Were you treated differently because of your sex or gender? What toys did you have? What were your interests? Were there different rules for you as a boy identifying child or girl identifying child? Were you treated differently than children of another gender identity?
2) Try to imagine if these social constructions weren’t in place. Do you think your interests would have differed? How would your life have been different then and now.
3) Which of the stereotypes and misconceptions in Threshold Concepts about feminism and feminists have you encountered before? Where, and in what context?
4) What surprised you or impressed you most in Adichie’s talk? What in this talk helped you recognize or become aware of an assumption you’ve made?
Part 2: Activity
Ask two people (outside of students enrolled in this course) the following questions:
1) What does feminism mean to you? 2) Are you a feminist? Why or why not?
Ask 2 OTHER people (outside of students enrolled in this course) the following questions:
1) Do you believe in gender equality? 2) Why or why not?
After collecting your responses, reflect on the answers –how are they similar? how are they different? What significance does the wording of the question have? Include your findings in your initial post.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more