Format: Word document in APA format, using a minimum of seven evidence-based nursing resource articles, not older than three years and Ten pages minimum.
M. W. is a 70-year-old Caucasian with a medical history of hypertension, osteoarthritis, atrial fibrillation, and total hysterectomy who lives by herself in a two-story row home. She visits the primary care clinic with her daughter, who is concerned because M. W. has bounced a few checks and can no longer pay her bills without assistance. M. W. admits that she has been forgetful and appears anxious as she describes an incident in which she went shopping and could not remember where she parked her car. Her daughter states that her mother’s memory has progressively worsened over the past year.
· Fosinopril 20 mg PO daily
· Metoprolol Succinate ER 50 mg PO daily
· Warfarin 5 mg PO daily
· Vitamin D 1,000 IU PO daily
A careful evaluation and workup was ordered.
Diagnosis: Mild AD with an MMSE score of 22
· List specific goals of treatment for M. W.
· What drug therapy would you prescribe for M. W.? Why?
· What are the parameters for monitoring success of therapy?
· Discuss specific patient education based on the prescribed therapy.
· List one or two adverse reactions for the selected agent that would cause you to change therapy.
· Would there be any over-the-counter and/or alternative agents appropriate for M. W.?
· What lifestyle changes would you recommend to M. W.?
· Describe one or two drug-drug or drug-food interactions for the selected agent.
· Craft a Therapeutic Plan.
· Using Beers Criteria and rational drug prescribing, review the medications and diagnoses listed for M. W. What three prioritized changes would you make to the medication regimen? Include a detailed and evidence-based rationale for all changes, including, but not limited to, monitoring, drug-drug interactions, drug-disease interactions, pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics, age, gender, and culture.
· What would be your pharmacological-related patient education?
· Would you order any laboratory testing? Provide rationale for all decisions.
· Describe a follow-up plan of care with rationale.
Please refer to the Clinical Case Study Rubric for details on how this activity will be graded.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more