1.1 Deaf and hard of hearing consumer advocates are fighting for direct access to 9-1-1. They do not want to use relay for calling 9-1-1. (5 points total)
• (3 points) What are the problems with relay services during 9-1-1 calls? List at least two. (Extra credit if you find more than two)
• (2 points) What types of direct calls (from deaf or hearing) do Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) currently accept?
1.2 Text-to-9-1-1 (5 points total)
• (1 point) What is the bounceback message for text-to-9-1-1?
• (2 points) Why is it important that people receive a bounceback message?
• (2 points) Even though telephone carriers have implementing the bounceback message, it is still important that consumers receive education about text-to-9-1-1. List at least two reasons why education is necessary. (Hint: What are the limitations of text-to-9-1-1 that people need to know about?)
1.3 What is Total Conversation? Explain in complete sentence(s). (Hint: remember the demo in the classroom from this video: https://www.amara.org/en/videos/zgBRiI8mfyH1/info/reach112-demo-movie/)(3 points)
1.4. Why is Total Conversation a good idea for future 9-1-1 – how does it help with the accessibility? (Hint: explain how deaf, hard of hearing, and blind each could benefit from Total Conversation)(3 points)
2.2. Which type of ACS do each of these belong to? Note: Some of these belong to more than one type.(5 points)
3. Web conferencing system (e.g. FuzeMeeting, Google+ Hangouts)
2.4Explain the difference between VRS and VRI. Use complete sentences. (Hint: who pays for VRS, who pays for VRI? What is VRS used for, what is VRI used for?)(4 points)
2.5. Are you allowed to use VRS for these situations (answer yes or no)? (5 points)
• (1 point) You and your lawyer talk in the lawyer’s office
• (1 point) You and your sister are at a party in a ballroom. The room is packed with people, and you can’t see your sister in the crowd. You want to call her, so that you can find each other in the room.
• (1 point) You call your financial advisor at the bank from home
• (1 point) You participate in a conference call with yourself, your coworker, and a person in a different city.
• (1 point) Same as last question, but you and your coworker are in the same room, and the other person is in a different city.
• Extra credit (1 point): What if you and your coworker are in the same room, and the person in the other city hangs up? Can you still use VRS?
3.4. You are at a police station. You ask for an interpreter. The police say that they have a cop who knows ASL, and that this cop will talk to you. Are they allowed to do this? (2 points)
3.5. What are some of the things you can do to make sure that your communication rights are respected in police interactions? List at least three. (Hint: look at the video with Marlee Matlin). (4 points)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more