Week 2 – Assignment
Read the scenario provided below and incorporate the six pillars of character as you address a possible solution.
Mr. Y is a new teacher in his first 90 days of employment in his district. He has made friends with many staff members and invited them to visit his social network page. On his website, Mr. Y has listed quite a bit of personal information. One of his colleagues visited the site and became very concerned because the site included a statement that Mr. Y was attracted to young girls, stating “the younger the better.”
The colleague notified the principal of this information.
Consider the following questions and provide your responses in a 2 – 3 page APA formatted paper.
· What possible issues/concerns might this scenario raise?
· In this situation, what are some potential negative consequences for the teacher, for the students and the school community?
· Which of the “Six Pillars of Character” do you believe Mr. Y has violated on his social media page?
· What responses/actions will result in a more positive outcome and/or what proactive measures might be considered?
The “Social Media” assignment
· Must be 2 to 3 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
· Must use at least 1 scholarly source. You can use the Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources chart (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. to help you determine a proper scholarly source.
· Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Here is a tutorial for in-text citations (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
· Must include a separate reference slide that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Use the APA References List page (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. to help you with this task. Here is a link to the APA Reference List template (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. located on that page.
· For help setting up your paper in APA style, please use the APA paper template (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. provided by the Ashford Writing Center.
· To assist you in completing the library research required for this assignment, view this Quick ‘n’ Dirty tutorial (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site., which introduces the Ashford Library, the research process, and provides some library search tips. (Ashford University Library. (n.d). Quick ‘n’ Dirty [Video file]. Retrieved from http://library.ashford.edu/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more