All DQ is 150-200 words
Module 2 DQ 1
1. Doctoral learners must become information-literate individuals who are able to locate, identify, evaluate, and organize research. In Topic 8, you are required to find five empirical research studies from peer reviewed journals on your dissertation research interests. Discuss your process for conducting a search. What resources will you use to explore the literature in your field and how will you evaluate the quality of the articles selected?
Module 2 DQ 2
2. Research is connected and personal and it is important for learners to recognize their subject position, in order to critically evaluate data, as well as communicate their subject position within a research study to minimize bias. Grand Canyon University supports academic and spiritual growth with the belief that the combination of the two will make a positive impact on scholarship and the individual.
How might worldview influence the role as a scholar and researcher? How can a worldview, Christian or otherwise, enrich research through a union of faith and academics? How might one handle perspectives, topics, and research that may challenge his or her worldview?
3. Synthesis Worksheet: Doctoral Identity
Synthesis is the act of creating something new from multiple existing entities. Synthesis of research, then, is creating a new idea from existing ideas. This assignment is designed to help you identify how themes can emerge from reading literature and how you can synthesize this information in a way that creates new knowledge. You will use your understandings of the Topic 2 readings to complete a synthesis worksheet.
· This assignment will be used as a pre-writing activity for the synthesis paper in Topic 5.
· Locate and download “Synthesis Worksheet” from the Course Materials for this topic.
· Review the articles by Baker & Pifer (2011), Gardner (2009), and Smith & Hatmaker (2014) located in the Course Materials for this topic.
· This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Complete the Synthesis Worksheet for the articles by Baker & Pifer (2011), Gardner (2009), and Smith & Hatmaker (2014). The completed worksheet will include the following sections:
1. An Introduction that introduces and provides context for the topic, presents three common themes that emerged from the readings, and provides organization for the paper with a thesis statement.
2. A description of the evidence to support three common themes that emerged from the articles. Since this is likely your first experience with this depth of synthesis, we have provided two of the themes found in the articles. Your task is to identify a third theme and to provide evidence from each article for all three common themes.
3. A conclusion where you will return to your thesis and provide evidence showing you successfully addressed your thesis statement. Discuss the connections that you made from the evidence and how each theme emerged from the central topic of doctoral identity.
Module 3 DQ 1
The primary method professors use to evaluate your ability to absorb and synthesize content is for you to write papers that demonstrate your understanding of various research topics, concepts, and frameworks. Doctoral level writing is distinct from other forms of communication you may have encountered. This shift in process and style helps learners to develop a doctoral identity that will foster productive relationships with faculty and committee members and, ultimately, contribute to a completed dissertation. Discuss how writing process and style help form a doctoral identity. What specific strategies and resources can you use to improve your academic writing?
Module 3 DQ 2
A prepared student is a successful student. Usually, it starts with time management, organization, and dedication to the writing process, but also includes the successful execution of format and style. Applying APA style and formatting is the last step in the writing process, but is seems to be a source of great stress and anxiety for learners. APA style is not the research but rather the documentation of the research. What is the purpose of a style guide in scholarly communication? How can APA style enhance your communication with readers? What specific strategies and resources can you use to improve your skill in using APA style?
Module 4 DQ 1
While Caffarella and Barnett (2000) indicate that critique is the most influential element in helping learners produce a better writing product, critique can be an emotional event. Cameron, Nairn, and Higgins (2009) note that it proved helpful in their workshops to discuss the emotions that emerged as students prepared to give and receive feedback. What is the role of critique in the development of a researcher and scholar? In what ways can it positively contribute to a learner’s academic success? In what ways can it have a negative effect?
Module 4 DQ 2
How do the voice and tone of doctoral writing differ from the voice and tone of writing at other academic levels? Explain your view. What are some ways that voice and tone can enhance the scholarly image of your writing? Explain. (This response does not require research support.)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more