Directed Reading-Thinking Activity Instructions
The Directed Reading-Thinking Activity builds critical awareness of the reader’s role and responsibility in interacting with the text. It involves readers in the process of predicting, verifying, judging, and extending thinking about the text material.
For this assignment, you will need to work with at least 3 elementary/middle school aged students. As you work with the students, follow these directions:
1. Have students focus on the title and illustrations, and ask them:
· What do you think this story will be about?
· Why do you think it’s about that?
2. Write the students’ predictions on a chart, paper, or the board.
3. Direct the students to read to a logical stopping point, then ask:
· Now that you’ve had a chance to read the beginning of the story, what do you think it’s about?
· Would you like to change your predictions or make new ones?
4. After the predictions have been changed or refined, ask why they made the change, or find the specific part in the book that made them think that.
5. Redirect questions as needed.
6. When there are no more ideas, direct students to read the next segment of the book silently.
7. Ask similar or other related questions.
8. Have students continue reading the book, stopping at logical points, and engaging in the same cycle of question until the story is finished.
As you work with the children, complete the Directed Reading-Thinking Activity Template provided in your Assignment Instructions. Compare your submission to the grading rubric provided.
When you have completed the activity, write a summary of 250–300 words and a reflective analysis of the experience in 250–300 words. You must thoroughly describe the experience and your thoughts.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more